Downsizing is often a daunting task and if you lack time, energy or support it can be difficult to know where to start.
We know that your belongings are important and have strong memories attached to them, so downsizing can be hard. We can help you decide what to keep and what to let go, and also organise the physical work needed for your move. In particular, we provide personalised support and a trusted pair of helping hands for people downsizing their homes to move into retirement homes, supported or independent living units. We work with you to help organise, clean and sort through your treasured possessions. We aim to relieve all the stress that comes with moving and help make it a smoother transition.
Ways we can help make downsizing easy for you:
- Help prioritise tasks, develop a comprehensive plan, including timeline and checklist
- Create a floor plan
- Sensitively assist with sorting your belongings, identifying what to keep, what to donate, what to give to family and friends
- Source boxes, pack and label
- Organise off-site storage if required
- Help in choosing and obtaining quotes from removal services
- Arrange and coordinate packing and moving
- Arrange sale, donation and disposal of goods
- Rubbish removal
- Place furniture, unpack and organise belongings in your new home
- Dispose of all boxes and packing materials
- Domestic pet transportation if required
Who uses our services:
- Social services
We can work by your side or you can leave the entire job to us,
give us a call on 04 213 7345 or 021 227 3345.